Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rhye




I LOVE finding new music!!!
Kinfolk Magazine recently posted a playlist on Facebook to welcome Spring. Rhye was on it twice. When their songs came on, I had to literally stop and see who it was. They are the epitome of the type of music I listen to and a fair reflection of my life. 
Their sound is like mellowed out old-school rock slow jams with a hint of jazz and sometimes funk. LITERALLY!!
And like every other amazing artist I find, I created a station on Pandora. Everything that comes on there is awesome as well. 
This morning, I saw this old school Jeep, maybe from the late 80's to 90's; it was blue and it was cool. I pictured my self driving with the windows down and flipping the cassette tape to side B and this was the type of music I was listening to. Also, in this picture, I pictured myself with an Afro. 
I was thee coolest!

Rhye has only had one album (Woman) which was released March 5. This kind of upsets me a bit because I usually find artists that have been around for quite a while and have had at least three albums. That way, I could enjoy catching up on all of their past excellentness (just made that word up). With Rhye, I now have to wait God-knows-how-long for new music from them.

Here's to hoping they pull a Rihanna and make an album a year for seven years. Till then the songs I'm addicted to will be on repeat.
My Favorites:
1. Open
2.The Fall
5. Shed Some Blood
6. 3 Days
9. Hunger
(You can listen to the whole album on Spotify or Download it on iTunes)

No comments:

Post a Comment