Monday, December 10, 2012

My Favorite Pieces at MoMA...



Mouth 7
Tom Wesselmann


Man With Yellow Pants
by: Michelangelo Pistoletto

These were a part of the "Pop Art" Exhibit at MoMA ending in February. These are my top two favorites. Especially "Mouth 7". Wesselman has more of these painted canvas' shaped lie mouths, but this one was the one displayed. Out of all of them, this is honestly the best. 

The "Man With Yellow Pants" piece was just awesomely made and so downright... CREATIVE!! It took me a minuet to realize what it was and what it was on. When I did, I couldn't believe how cool it was. Pistoletto painted the back view of a man who appears to be leaning on o wall, on a mirror. 

My reactions to seeing these may have been a bit over exaggerated, seeing that I gasped loudly and basically shouted "OH MY GOD"!! to the entire museum, but it was only because I had never seem art this way since Warhol.

As much as I would love to have these and all of the other pieces all over my future apartment, they are far to expensive. Besides, as creative as I am (or try to be), I think I can make my own version of these. 

Well see...

No comments:

Post a Comment